Position: Class A CDL Truck Driver
DCM Transport has opportunities for REGIONAL drivers and MODIFIED REGIONAL DRIVERS.
Regional Drivers will be gone throughout the week and then home for their 34 reset.
modified Regional Drivers will be gone throughout the week and then home for A FULL WEEKEND.
DCM Transport Driver Requirements:
- Valid CDL Class A in your state of residence.
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment physical exam.
- Must test negative on a pre-employment controlled substance test.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must pass the DCM Transport road test
- Two years Class A driving experience (*preferred)
- Working knowledge of current Hours of Service regulations
- Qualcomm and electronic logging experience preferred but we will train if needed.
- Must value safety!
- Must be able to perform pre and post trip inspections which require stooping, general bending and crouching.
- An acceptable motor vehicle record with no DUI’s, reckless driving convictions, no positive controlled substance tests or felony convictions in the last 5 years.
*If weather permits and training resources are available, we will consider training an otherwise qualified candidate.
DCM Transport Driver Responsibilities:
- Good planning and time management skills resulting in on-time pick-ups and deliveries!
- Compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, local speed and traffic laws.
- Treating Customers, coworkers and other motorists with courtesy.
- Proactive communication with your Dispatch Team.
- Maintaining driver logs according to DOT regulations.
- Pre/Ongoing/Post-trip inspections as required and as necessary.
- Minimal assistance loading and unloading of freight, when authorized, not to exceed 55 lbs.
- Inventory freight at receivers to validate bill of lading, obtain required signature for acceptance of goods.
- Timely filling-out and turning-in necessary paperwork to the terminal for billing and payroll.
- Must be able to read, speak and communicate in English.